The struggle is real, but so is God!
Life is full of obligations. We all have our days when we require a little extra motivation just to get through. For me being a Wife, Mom of 4, working a full-time job and being an entrepreneur can sometimes leave me feeling overwhelmed. There just never seems to be enough time to get everything done. Then there are those moments when you've given your best, however; everything just feels like it's falling apart.
But it's in those very moments of experiencing chaos that I find myself drawing closer and closer to God. Through a combination of reading His word and prayer, I'm instantly reminded of his promises. Here are a few of my favorite verses that comfort me during moments of fear, loneliness, weakness, and self-doubt.
1. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.(Deuteronomy 31:6)
2. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.(2 Corinthians 12:9)
3. Then God's peace, which goes beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your thoughts and emotions through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7)
4. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes in the morning.(Psalm 30:5)
5. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.(Ephesians 2:10)
6. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11) Just to name a few.
The bible is filled with many scriptures that can be applied to every area of our lives. So the next time you're having one of those hair pulling moments I challenge you immediately pick up your bible and began to read out loud some of your favorite scriptures and then began to pray them back to God.
Pray with me
Heavenly Father I come before you as humbly as I know how. I first ask that you would please forgive me for anything that I may have done in your sight that was unworthy, knowingly and unknowingly. Today did not go exactly the way that I planned but I thank you, Father, for being with me. Even though I feel alone at times your word reminds me that you would never leave or forsake me. Thank you for your Grace. It's a privilege to know that your power is made perfect in my weakness. Father help me to remember during moments of uncertainty to seek your peace which surpasses all understanding. Even though today was difficult, I want to honor your word by being strong and courageous in Jesus name Amen.
P.S I would love to hear from you! Tell me what scriptures bring you comfort?